I’m the type of person who tries a gazillion products until I find the right one. The problem with this is I end up spending more since alot of drugstore cosmetics are a hit or miss kind of thing. So, I thought it would be helpful to share with you guys the products I thought worked best for me & hopefully they can help you as well. I use these products daily! The prices included are estimations & may differ in stores.
- Burt’s Beeswax Lip Balm ($4): I really enjoy this because it leaves a minty tingly feeling on your lips & keeps my lips from becoming dry or chapped. It’s a refreshing lip balm, & is 100% natural which is also a nice bonus. If you have chapped lips, you should get this!
- Maybelline Dream Matte powder ($10-15): This is by far my favorite powder ever from a drugstore! I’ve tried L’oreal True Match powder, Revlon Photoready translucent finisher, along with countless other compacts, & this is the only powder that can get rid of my oily skin and keep it matte for quite some time. It also comes with a mirror & pad for application making it perfect for on the go! If you have oily skin like me, this is for you!
- L’oreal Telescopic Waterproof Eyeliner ($8): I use this everyday to make a tail/wing on the outer part of my eye & also sometimes as eyeline for the entire top lid. It stays on good & lasts through an entire day even through the shower & has to be completely removed with makeup remover. I like especially on hot days where sweat might be a problem & for days spent swimming. If you are around water you should give it a try!
- Revlon Colorstay Crayon Eyeliner ($5): I’ve been using this eyeliner for around 3 years now. I’ve tried pencil liners, wet liners (Stilleto), & even liners from Urban decay & sephora, but this one worked best for me. It doesn’t smear and isn’t too dramatic, so it’s perfect for everday wear.
- Milk of Magnesia ($5-10): I know this is usually used for constipation .. but recently I’ve been in search for a foundation primer, & came across this. Milk of Magnesia can be used as a primer on the face & can help control shine & oil throughout the day. All I do is put it into a small spraybottle and spray it onto my face & rub it in as if it is a moisturizer. It helps to have a smooth surface for my foundation & helps keep my skin matte & IT’S AFFORDABLE!
I hope you enjoyed my 5 drugstore faves! Please feel free to comment or ask any questions you may have about the products.